Want To Text Your Crush? Here's Exactly What To Do To Start A Conversation

Want To Text Your Crush? Here’s Exactly What To Do To Start A Conversation

To text or not to text, that is the question. It’s kind of frustrating how much you can get lost in fixating over whether or not you should send him a text or not. Especially when you aren’t sure whether or not he will respond or not. That’s one of the most frustrating feelings ever; sitting by the phone after putting yourself out there and sending the guy you like a text only to get no response!

And it’s understandable why you want to talk to the guy you like. I mean, obviously, you have a crush on him. You are dying to have a conversation with him. It’s natural.

But you don’t want to call him – because who calls people anymore. That’s crazy stalker person behavior. Plus, you might not even know if he likes you or not.

No, what you want to do is start a casual, laid back conversation with him. That means that you want to text him.

You don’t have to think of what to say on the spot – and you can just relax and send them when you’re ready (1). Sound good to you? Sounds good to me. Here’s what to say.

Take The Quiz: Does He Like You?

How To Get The Conversation Going

• ok – so if you’re going to text this guy, you’re obviously going to need his number. Like, it’d be impossible to text him otherwise. This is obvious.

So if you want his number, the easiest way to get it is to ask him really casually, with no pressure on him whatsoever to give it to you (2).

Try a simple line like, “Let’s trade numbers – what kind of phone do you have? I just got an iPhone and I love it.

Don’t let things get awkward after you trade numbers – when you’re both thinking about what it might mean. Keep the conversation going instead to stop any awkward moment in its tracks.

• Now that you’ve got his number and you’re ready to text him – it’s time to send the first text (3). This might seem scary! In reality though, you’ve got nothing to worry about.

If you two did something together recently, you can use that to break the ice. You could say something like, “That movie was so good I’m still thinking about it” or “I can’t believe how tasty that food was.”

Let him text you back, and if he asks you a question, answer it and ask a question of your own. If he sends you back a short answer with no follow up – it’s probably because he’s busy. Don’t worry about it – and don’t keep sending questions if he doesn’t seem interested in texting. Let him text you if he wants to.

If he doesn’t text you back, don’t worry about it. It’s not under your control, and if you obsess about it, you’ll make him want to text you less. He’s probably just busy anyway.

• Now it’s time to read and see how your crush is texting with you. Is he texting you back with questions of his own? Is he just giving you answers and not making an effort to keep the conversation going? Is he texting you back at all?

Don’t worry if he’s being short or curt with his answers. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to talk to you, it just means he doesn’t want to text at that moment – probably because he’s busy doing something else. Whatever you do, don’t read too much into it, and don’t freak out if that’s the case. The best thing you can do to make him interested is just accept it and move on.

However – if he’s texting you back with open ended questions of his own – you can bet that he’s interested in you. That’s great! Keep talking to him and doing what comes naturally.

If things are going really well, and you’re texting about personal stuff – maybe it’s time to take things to the next level. If you’re really getting into personal stuff, you can suggest that you meet and talk about it in person, or even go on a date together. Remember, fortune favors the bold!

• Click here to take our quick (and shockingly accurate) “Does He Like You” Quiz right now and find out if he likes you…

Take The Quiz: Does He Like You?

In summary…

How To Text Your Crush

• To get his number so you can text him, just ask him casually for his number and try to have the attitude that it doesn’t matter whether he gives it to you or not
    • Text him about something you did together recently to break the ice
    • Watch how he’s texting you and gauge whether he’s into it or not
    • Check to see if he’s asking open ended questions – that means he’s interested in you

how to text your crush

• Shana December 8, 2017, 11:22 pm

So there’s this guy I have a huge crush on him . We met on the first day of school. Me and him stared trading our numbers so after a week I starded texting him . I said hey Chris how are you? He told me everything about his break up with his girls. And things like that and then I had to tell him I liked him. After a month he starded to unfollow me on Instagram and he once blocked me. We were not talking to each other since then but I really want to talk to him. I don’t think he likes me anymore what should I do? Please help

• precious October 12, 2017, 7:09 am

Hy,so i kinda confessed to my crush about my feelings nd yesterday while talking to his friends he was stealing glances at me,i cnt enter his compound again cos i feel he would confront me am so scared naw soo in need of help ASAP

• jacky December 6, 2017, 12:04 pm

i moved to a new school and i told him who i was he said omg how u been i miss you i said i miss you too he said i missyou more now i text him all the times like hey he not anwsering

• Anonymous May 4, 2017, 10:23 pm

I have this BIG crush and I’m falling in love we see eachother everyday we talk at lunch and in the halls when I’m there. he makes me so happy the way he looks at me and the way acts around me makes me think he likes me but I don’t know if he does he likes one of my friends and he said he likes one other person at the table and it’s just (—–) *—–* and me I thought he was going to say (—–) but he didn’t that made me happy and then there was *—–* and they never talk and he said who is that about *—–* and she’s been sitting there for the past week and then there was me the girl he likes my friend it makes me feel sad but I have to think of the positives right

• paige February 27, 2017, 4:10 pm

me and this guy have been hanging out a lot lately. We text everyday and they are usally long conversations. We talk to each other a lot in person to. In school i know he stares at me a lot and he takes pictures of me and sends them to me on snapchat and sometimes he saves them. I know he does stuff with girls, but he hasn’t recently… i think. But i am debating if he is talking to other girls while talking to me. I don’t want to like him and then be totally crushed when i find out he’s a man hoe. I’ve asked if he talks to a lot of girls. He’s usallly strait up with me so i figured he wouldn’t lie. He said no but i still feel like he does. What should I do?

• ??? February 23, 2017, 8:36 pm

I have had a crush on this guy who use to go to my school but now he goes to a different school. I see him around sometimes and we make small talk but we never really had a huge conversation. I have texted him but he just makes a simple answer and then doesn’t respond when I text him back. What should I do? Should I tell him I like him?

• ? February 20, 2017, 7:25 pm

I had a crush on a guy I went to primary with and at the end of year 6 I asked him to the mini prom thing we had, he said yes as friends and during the prom he gave me his number but we don’t see each other any more because we don’t go to the same school and we don’t text as much now

• Anonymous February 18, 2017, 5:39 pm

Also my other friend asked him in person if he likes me and he just got really red and walked away he hangs out with girls his best friend is a girl (he has gone out with girls) what to do HELP PLEASE!!!!

• Anonymous February 18, 2017, 5:34 pm

I have a crush on this guy who is also my friend I have liked him for 2 years he is in almost all of my classes and I told my best friend about him and she told him that I liked him he didn’t respond back , we used to talk a lot last year in 7th grade his friend ( a girl) said to me that we should go out. And other people said the same thing even a guy this year (in 8th grade) thought we were going out. My best friend told him again and he said he can’t go out with me because if we do then break up my friends would hate him and our friendship we have will be ruined, I still text him tho so does he like me or not ,please I need help as soon as possible

• YourNormalGirl February 13, 2017, 2:55 am

So… It was Feb 10th I was dared to somehow tell my crush i like him. My crush his really quiet and we talk but then he became really popular for some reason and became a massive player. We still talk to each other (Rarely), and my best friend she told him i liked him and he just said “And…?” my friend just gave him a puzzled face and walked to me and told me. Later he went up to my friend and said “no” she told me obi and i cried and cried until like 4 days later. I saw my “Crush” at my front door he had flowers and a heart shaped chocolate thing. he saw the bags under my eyes and that i was crying, but then this “popular” girl the most “prettiest Sluttiest” girls ever she came up to him and kissed him, and he kissed back… THEY WERE MAKING OUT RIGHT IN MY FACE!!! LIKE W.T.H. I soon looked around and saw they were just in the door frame so I slammed it in the side of their faces. So…. he came back 4 days later because I just left them there at the door. He came to say sorry except that but saw a guy behind me which was my best friend (a boy). We had actually been on a few dates surprisingly. But then I caught him cheating WITH MY OTHER BEST FRIEND. So I’m a loner now #SinglePringle #ForEverAlone

• anonymous February 1, 2017, 11:41 am

Me and this guy have been talking for a few weeks whe had some coffee a few times. It has lead to other things and now I find myself liking him. But I don’t know how he feels or if he is using me… this has never happened to me. Please give me some advice

• Radish January 27, 2017, 1:12 am

Ughh….I need help okay so I play basketball for my schools’ girl team,and my crush is on the boys’ team.I like him and I have 2 classes with him.He’s kind of quiet but when we talk we end up laughing a lot.Two of my friends told him that I liked him;which is true.And now i feel so weird around him. I feel like he might like me because of his body language how he talks to me and how he stares,but should I ask him.One of my other friends asked him if he liked me and he said that he can’t tell her.What do I do?

• Emma February 15, 2017, 12:47 pm

Hey! I’m in kinda the same situation. I really like this guy and think he’s soooo cute etc. And one of my friends has told him that I liked him and he responded with my name in capitals and exclamation marks (must be surprised), then goes red at the sound of my name mentioned, body language is shy etc. So I do think he likes me (I hope so). However, I do NOT dare text him first in case he rejects me and I’ll feel so stupid omg.

• Skye January 25, 2017, 9:21 pm

Hey so I’m kind of struggling with this so I decided to take a shot and ask. So I’m smitten for this guy I just started hanging out with again a couple months ago but we used to be best friends in like 7th/8th grade which was like 5 or 6 yrs ago. In 7th grade he asked me out thru text which I think is hella lame and honestly I wasn’t as nice then so I told him to ask me in person. I would’ve said yes and he said okay so I was waiting for him to ask me but he never did. He hinted recently it was because he’s a nervous person when it comes to that stuff and hinted that he gets nervous around me (without using those exact words somehow). He is a shy person in that respect but so outgoing in other ways. We haven’t really dated but we’ve just hung out and talked for hrs at a time (like we’ll just walk around parks or near around town for hrs and smoke and talk). So, since he’s so shy do you think I should ask him out if I’m not sure if he’ll ever build up the courage to or would it be a complete turn off and emasculating?

• Alaina January 24, 2017, 7:38 pm

So there’s this guy that I like and I added him on Snapchat. He added me back right away. I’m a senior in high school and he’s a sophomore in college. We met through marching band my freshman year. We never really had a full conversation in person. So I decided to chat him on Snapchat and have a normal conversation. We talked all day about random stuff. He would ask questions about my future and other things. Then I decided to ask for his number and he gave it to me asking why I wanted it. I ended up telling him that I had feelings for him. He responded saying “I’m sorry. I’m flattered, but I can’t return those feelings. It’s nothing against you at all. I just don’t feel the same. You’re still welcome to talk to me though.” So I decided to still be friends with him because it’s not that big of a deal but I don’t know what to think about his response. Please help

• Anonymous January 7, 2017, 10:22 pm

I need help ASAPPPP!! So there’s this really cute guy and I literally can’t go a second without thinking about him and he told me he likes me and we’ve been texting for like 3 hours straight yesterday and now he always reads my texts and never responds…. WHAT DO I DO!?!? In trying to think of something to start a conversation what do I say!??????!!!!!!

• Hazel December 29, 2016, 1:58 am

If you are a girl and a boy does’nt ask you for a date you must go and ask it for your self #sm tymz bing a gel iz hard..

• Sophie December 11, 2016, 6:53 pm

I’ve had a crush on this guy for more than two years but we’ve never spoke, and he is in my form. We make eye contact but nothing else. I don’t know if I should dm him and just start a casual conversation, he might get the hint I like him and I know he doesn’t like me back.

• happiness December 5, 2016, 1:17 pm

Am inlove with a guy,all his attitude shows that he loves me,but sometins he doesnot call me at all nd sometimes he did,nd he likes women too much,pls what can l do to change nd make him mind

• Yebom November 29, 2016, 2:19 pm

There’s this guy am really inlove with, he’s my friend. I told him weeks back how i felt, his response didn’t say he feels thesame way and now he’s acting differently towards me, he doesn’t chat with me like he use to. should i ask him if he’s with someone or i should i just forget about him and move on. But it’s really not easy for me. what should i do please?

• Anonymous November 27, 2016, 9:51 pm

So… there’s this guy that has a major obsession with me and at first I didn’t like him because he is kind of weird and he is VERY independent. He started texting me and he asked me out, but I said no. He tells literally the whole school he likes me and I’m not sure how to talk to him in a way that makes him leave me alone(I don’t want to be mean). I really didn’t have any reason to like him, he’s just not my type… and now I feel like I have fallen for him. I can’t stop thinking about him! I have dreams of him even though I don’t want to like him. Every night I pick up the phone and I start texting him without pushing send because I just don’t know what to say to him. I can’t love him because every part of me is afraid that someone will find out and when they do my reputation will be ripped to shreds. What am I supposed to do??!!

• Christina November 26, 2016, 10:43 am

I need help with this guy I like a lot, and me and him don’t go to the same school but he seems to always be in our apartment buildings.Even though he doesn’t live in the building. We hung out acouple times and he always try to talk to me but I just freak out and just leave.For example,I was outside with my friends and he just walks up to us with his friends and just starts trying to talk to me,also when he was walking up to us he was walking up to me but I stepped aside and then I just left.Cause I just couldn’t handle the presser, And now I just feel like he’s mad at me and I don’t know what to do cause I like him a lot and all my friends tell me that I am avoiding him but it doesn’t seem like I am.I also really don’t talk to him in person, but in text so, I think that he’s mad at me because of that and I really don’t know what to do.

• Anna October 26, 2016, 3:41 pm

So this boy confessed to me that he likes me and I sent him a message. He didn’t reply so I asked his friend to talk to him for me but he hasn’t replied either. HELP

• aziza bashir October 26, 2016, 2:14 pm

plz i need a help evn my parents ws nt lke him but we do love each other knw he requesting me to come back each other but me idnt lke sm1 smkng is nt my choice so guys i need ur help plz and feedback

• aziza bashir October 26, 2016, 2:12 pm

am confused i lved sme 1 and he do sme but we broke up for one reason and tht is he start smoking idnt knw what to do?and i still do to lve hm

• Ave October 19, 2016, 9:00 pm

I NEED HELP ASAP. Okay so one of the girls ive been trying to get closer to lately was dating the guy i like. they broke up a week ago and i have liked him for 5 months. he always smiles at me, talks to me, jokes around, teases me, and sits with me at lunch. what can i do or say to not hurt my new friend but still get my crush???

• Someone October 18, 2016, 9:15 pm

someone help! ive barely talked to the guy i like should i dm him about hw even tho were not in the same class

• Ave October 19, 2016, 9:00 pm

• Ave October 19, 2016, 9:01 pm

Sorry, but yess! Go for it!

• jamilahjean October 8, 2016, 11:50 am

i’ve been with this guy and.. he confessed to me he likes me, and I don’t really understand his feelings… i would text him back and he would text back, then sometimes he would text me first. then don’t text again. ugh. what does he really feel?

• Karolina September 30, 2016, 1:03 am

So I like this guy at my school and he’s really cute. His dad is my sister’s coach so I always see him. We also have a class together and he’s in my row. He used to sit across the classroom but now he sits in my row. He would look at me a couple of times. He would also tell his friend that I would see him at my sister’s games. He doesn’t really talk to me. In fact he only talked to me once and it was “so your sister is in my dad’s team” and I said yeah then he said” that’s cool and weird at the same time” I like him a lot but I don’t know if he likes me back?

• Mary September 15, 2016, 9:08 am

There’s a guy whom I’ve known since last year. I’ve noticed him looking at me, like he just casually turned around and started staring at my face. There was even a time when is feet touched mine deliberately! At first I wasn’t sure, but later on, I’m pretty certain that he did it on purpose. So now, we’re studying at the same school and we bumped into each other like about 4 or 5 times a week, but I still can’t get to know him. Recently, he doesn’t seem to look at me as much as before, or maybe it’s just me ? Anyway, I wanna ask you guys if you think he is still interested in me or not ? I’m dying to know if he does cause you can say that I kinda have a crush on him. So please help me ASAP. I’ll really appreciate it

• Malik September 17, 2016, 9:14 am

Hello, I don’t know you but I can tell you he probably did like you because I do the same thing to my crush. There might still be hope He might still like. Try to flirt with him like: hey you like really cute in that shirt or ask if you can touch his muscles if he has any. Bye Mary hope this helps.

From Malik

• Emma September 9, 2016, 9:19 pm

Hey I have a problem there is a guy at my school I really like him and I keep noticing him looking at me. I am too scared to talk to him but he keeps looking at me when I am around him and we make eye contact all the time. I don’t know what to do does anyone have any suggestions of what I can do?

• Kayla September 13, 2016, 3:26 pm

Fears are stories we tell ourselves. Don’t be afraid to talk to him. Go up and talk to him.

• Noran September 8, 2016, 7:32 pm

So I have a crush on this guy at school. His name is Gabe. I don’t know if he likes me or not, because sometimes he looks at me and one time he smiled at me, but we never really talk. He did say we are friends, but we never talk to each other. I think there is this boy named Alex who likes me though. He sometimes looks at me for some time, but the next day, he doesn’t even show any interest. He confuses me sometimes. I don’t have a crush on him, but I’m just curious to know if he likes me. He never talks to me though. Please answer soon!

• Kayla September 13, 2016, 3:23 pm

Noran, guys are confusing. Don’t worry about it. If Gabe likes you he will show it. Hang out with him at lunch or before/after school. If his friends make fun of him while your around, it’s a sign he likes you. Ask him if he likes you. Then if he does, make a move girl! It’s not always the guys that make the first move.

• Henrycooper September 3, 2016, 4:43 pm

Wondering…have had alot of g..in my mind lately buh it seems ur disturbing them..anytime you want start a conversation

• Zoey August 16, 2016, 3:48 pm

There is this guy at work i really like. I have talked to him when i have worked in that area. Which isnt as often. I dont know if he likes me ir not.i got his snapchat and it took him a while to add me as a friend. We talked not even 5 min. Someone gave me his snap. I said “hey” afer he figured out who i was he said “ohh.. Whatss good” then he i said what i was doin and he said what he was then that was it. Later i snaped him again about 2 hours later and he never responded. Im competely clueless to all of the dating stuff

• Ashleigh August 18, 2016, 4:57 pm

Ooh, lol, I’m sorry but I just wanna tell you that since you like don’t show him to much otherwise he gonna break your heart; just play it cool and say hi when u see him at work. If he’s really in to u he’ll come for u no matter what and just don’t show him you’re desperate,, make him want to know more about u… Let him look for you and show him ur needy.. If he really wants you things will get better one day.. Maybe he might have ignored ur text coz he was busy, u never know but just ask him y he didn’t respond.. Just be patient and wait for him to stay- well, if he don’t then let it go I guess.,

Best

• Ashleigh August 18, 2016, 5:03 pm

Sorry, meant to say just don’t ask him y he didn’t respond and don’t show ur needy, it’ll seem like your stalking him. Good luck! A lot of boys out there, if things don’t change move on you’ll find someone.

• Dickson Orengo July 16, 2016, 2:25 pm

lol this has really happened to me.

• Dickson July 16, 2016, 2:24 pm

lol

• aygustino July 6, 2016, 7:18 am

it’s a kind of frustrating ,when someone u love chooses to ignore all ur messages. the girl I met a week ago started ignoring my text after a crazy joke,anyway I ‘ve learnt my lesson and moving on at d moment.

• Allison June 30, 2016, 3:34 am

I am supposed to dm this guy I met at a water park, my friends told him that I liked him even though I just saw him and thought he was cute. So know he knows and his friends followed me around everywhere asking me if I liked him even know I don’t know him,(That was Really awkward)and I have no idea what to say to him.

• Mwango June 28, 2016, 5:54 am

My crush is confusing I don’t no if he likes me or his just being too friendly

• Lizzie June 27, 2016, 11:52 am

I am so confused with my crush. He said he liked me and I liked him, then that we would date in summer, then that he liked someone else, then that he wasn’t with her any more, then he called me cute, and pretty. HELP!!!!!!!!

• Kayla September 13, 2016, 3:16 pm

Just ask him, “Hey do you still like me? Cause if you don’t I can move on with my life.”

• Xaviery June 19, 2016, 12:40 am

I have a crush on someone. But, I always have a problem. My best friend, tries to talk to him or whatever and yeah… It’s like, my best friend stole everything from me. And…it’s like, she’s popular to boys. Most boys like her. She doesn’t know I like him. Cus I didn’t tell her. Next school year she’ll move anyway sigh…

• Penny June 13, 2016, 5:03 am

How can you tell if you really do like someone and you’re not just projecting your old feelings for your ex into them?

• Megan May 30, 2016, 10:14 pm

There is this really cute guy who used to like me, and he told me that he liked me when I told him that I liked him. For a while we flirted and stuff, and he seemed really into me (he told me I was the cutest, nicest person in the world, he told me my hair was cute curled, he found excuses to hug me, etc…), but then he told me that he likes this other girl, and then he stopped with everything and started flirting with her and hugging her and everything. He told me that I would always be his first choice even though he likes her too, but then he texted me this message about how it would be better if we were just friends and that we probably wouldn’t be able to date anyway. It’s been a few weeks since then, and now I wonder if he still likes me and I am really confused. He keeps finding excuses to touch me and stuff, and sometimes we look at each other and he smiles. He also kept wanting to sit next to me on rides at the amusement park (including a ride where I had to sit in between his legs and one where my legs were over his…). Should I move on, or does he still like me? Please help lol I am so confused!!!

• Paul December 3, 2016, 8:12 am

Just be his friend but don’t let it stop you being friends with other lads

• Sunlightez May 27, 2016, 4:46 am

guys, help!! I am in the same school as my crush and in the same class as him too. I will see him everyday and he has a crush but I feel he doesn’t really like her anymore but still talks to her. He has shown me quite a number of sign, and looked at me oftenly.. and I have showed him a few, too. Yeah, he texts me and stuff but not often. Once, my friend told him that I liked him and he told me but not in an offensive way, just in a normal way. But earlier today, my friend called him and asked if he likes me and he said “uhhhh.. No.. ” I was so upset and I ran into him in school today. He saw me and kinda looked at me. I looked back but was still upset. Does he like me or not?

• Nculs April 30, 2016, 9:02 pm

I had a crush on a guy who always passby my house.The worst thing we dnt even say hi to eachother but he sends messages to my lil sister LOL somethng crazy really!

• yashika Barman April 27, 2016, 3:11 am

Please help me guys, I have a big crush on someone and he is very special to me. I think he too likes me coz he always planned to go for a ride and for some special dinner/ lunch with me. He stares at me alot than I do. He seems to be very happy when we both were alone. Once I when for a ride with him and he even kissed me, that kissed was very soft and I felt very special. But I am confused coz he never text me first , only when I do he does…… why ???? Does he likes me or he is flirting around??

• Sharon Butcher October 24, 2015, 9:12 am

I can make small talk when I am face to face with someone, but when it is through text, I am not sure why but I freeze up. I guess I would just prefer to talk face to face.

• Tiona Thomas March 8, 2016, 6:27 pm

Lol I do,the complete opposite. When i talk to him in person I freeze up but texting I really out there.

• Sue Johns October 23, 2015, 10:48 am

LOL, that first text is very scary. What if there is no reply, or worse, “Who is this” as a reply…

• Daniel Fuentes October 24, 2015, 9:23 am

Oh man, that would not be a good first reply LOL :)

• Stacy James October 22, 2015, 2:41 pm

These days it is so easy to approach someone if you have their cell phone number. When you had to approach your crush face to face, it was a lot harder to get a conversation going. Girls have it easy these days.

• Marcus Fisher October 21, 2015, 11:14 pm

I would never expect a woman to send me a text if they truly liked me. I envision that it would be a conversation that we have face to face.

• Suzanne McNair October 23, 2015, 11:00 am

I am also a fan of face to face communication.

• Marian Gallo October 21, 2015, 10:48 pm

I see no problem with texting your crush to see if there is anything there. if not, there is nothing to lose and you can move along.

• Rose Wallace October 20, 2015, 2:20 pm

This is a perfect post for sharing with a friend that is not sure how to approach a person they have a crush on. Tips are great!

• Rafaela Hogan October 16, 2015, 9:16 am

Great tips! I have been crushing on this guy at work for many months now and just have not had the guts to talk to him or even text him.

• Ava Bell October 15, 2015, 8:00 am

I think starting things out slowly is a great tip! You do not want to jump down the guys throat right away and be all like, “I really like you and want to have your babies….” right?

• Judith Wagner October 15, 2015, 12:39 am

You can do it once, but if things do not go your way, the rest of your life can be a real pain in the neck!

• Barbara Spigner October 20, 2015, 2:41 pm

Yeah, LOL..something like this can really get turned around against you.

• Louise Byers October 13, 2015, 9:35 pm

If you see your crush on a normal basis, or he has at least looked in your direction one or two times per day, then you have something to go off. If this is someone that you do not see that much, you might have a problem getting any conversation going.

• Carolyn Palacio October 13, 2015, 9:24 pm

If you are not going to get a text back in this situation, there might be more to worry about. First I would feel dumb that he never acknowledged the conversation.

• Diane Burton October 12, 2015, 2:56 pm

Great tips. I think getting your crush to know that you are crushing on them is one of the hardest things to do in life.

• Gertrude Gilbert October 12, 2015, 2:47 pm

I have no issue getting the conversation going, it is getting the conversation to stop that I do not like. I never know when to hang it up so I tend to babble on like an idiot.

• Amber Rivera October 10, 2015, 6:44 am

This is so scary. I have a crush and even though I am still in high school, it is something that freaks me out.

• Christine Stein October 15, 2015, 12:29 am

It should freak you out! What if he does not even know who you are? Or ignores the text?

• Joyce Zwilling October 10, 2015, 6:34 am

There is this guy that I would like to text, but I am scared that he has never even noticed me. We work in the same cafe and I just cannot keep my eyes off him. What do I do?

• Michael Moody October 9, 2015, 1:53 pm

Most of the time, when I get a text from someone that I am not familiar with, I rarely think it is because they have a crush on me. I usually have very nice with a reply, but sometimes it scares the person away and they freak out.

• Kasie Hicks October 8, 2015, 2:56 pm

I think you should know if the crush knows they are your crush BEFORE you text them, don’t you? It would just be more smart compared to just getting all up in their face when they might be having none of you.

• Jane David October 16, 2015, 9:27 am

Yes. I think it would be weird if I got a text out of nowhere and it was someone that ended up having a crush on me. I would like to know in advance so I can act more natural about it rather than creeped out.

• Terrilyn Leclair October 8, 2015, 2:41 pm

One time I just texted a guy that I was hot for and it did not go well. Mostly because his g/f saw the text and immediately fired back all pissed off. Oops!

• Laura Montz October 7, 2015, 11:35 am

Great tips. It is so hard to get over that initial scared feeling that texting your crush is not something easy to do.

• Linda Jacobs October 9, 2015, 2:06 pm

Right, but once the ice is broken, things go a lot smoother, don’t you think?

• Lee Fuller October 7, 2015, 11:17 am

This CAN be a very tough position to be in. That anxiety has probably killed people somewhere LOL. For me, it is always about getting that message out there, but waiting for it to come back.

• Susan Mayberry October 15, 2015, 8:11 am

Yes it can. There are so many things that can go wrong :)

• Sharon Emery October 22, 2015, 2:50 pm

Very, very wrong LOL. I am so glad that I was never in that situation.