You’re busy. I’m busy. We’re all busy.
We’re busy doing different things, and what I think is “super important” you might think of as “why would anyone voluntarily waste their time doing that?” but look, the bottom line is, We’re all busy!
And sometimes, you want a salad. But you don’t want to plan a salad. Because planning a salad takes work, and preparation, and which kind of lettuce should I buy, and – oh god I might as well burn my house down and start over somewhere new!
And I don’t want that for you! Don’t burn your house down.
Instead, just follow these 7 easy steps and you’ll have an amazing salad every time.
- Bowl. You need one. Make it a big one. This step is easy.
- Pick your greens. I know I said you didn’t have to pick them, but this is such an easy choice based on personal preference, and as long as your greens aren’t like “fried dough strips” you’re going to be fine.
- Throw in chopped veggies. Onions, peppers, celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, they’re all welcome here. It’s a big veggie party and you’re invited.
- Put in something healthy that has carbs (not sugar, god why do you ruin this every time?). I’m talking apples, cranberries, quinoa, chickpeas… that sort of thing.
- Put in some protein. Not a live chicken. Or a whole cow. What is wrong with you? Who has a bowl that big? Stop.
- Put in a source of healthy fats. (Some hard boiled eggs, some cheese, avocado, or other delicious things…).
- Use a salad dressing that has vinegar, olive oil, and other spices. Bonus points if you make it at home!
That’s it! That’s literally it. That’s all the steps to making an amazing salad, every single time.
more: Take The Quiz – Do You Know The Unique Veggies That Burn Abdominal Fat?
It will be huge (because you used a big bowl and lots of ingredients), it will be awesome (because I believe in you and your ability to make a good tasting salad), and it will be SO EASY.
That’s it. You ate salad for dinner. Pat yourself on the back (and have some more leftover salad for lunch tomorrow!
How To Make A Salad For Weight Loss
- Grab a bowl
- Pick your preferred greens
- Throw in chopped onions, peppers, tomatoes, and cucumbers
- Add a healthy carb food like apples, cranberries, quinoa, or chickpeas
- Add healthy protein
- Add a healthy fat like boiled eggs, cheese, or avocados
- Use a vinegar and olive oil based dressing
I love salad and any time that I can get one worked into my meals, I do it. These are good tips for super charging the salad for your body. Thanks!
Oh! This is so nice to see! I love salad and when everything is fresh, it is the best thing you can eat at the end of a long day!
My family loves the way that I make my salads. I think it would be very easy to add these tips to my salad making to help us all lose a little weight.
Even though these are great tips for making a great salad, I need to know how I can make one this awesome when I am on the go. It is a lot of ingredients, so what can I add to the salad that will give me the right foods, but be in a smaller container?
This is a great list. My husband loves to have salads and sometimes I feel like I am serving the same thing all of the time. Now I can mix things up a little bit for him :)
I really never thought about adding fruits to our salad. Great idea!
of COURSE youre going to lose weight if you eat salad, it’s eating SALAD. write me an article that tells me how to lose weight eating chocolate ice cream, THAT is one i would be interested in reading
Well, we LOVE to eat salad at our house and if we can get a good one each night we are happy. It would be nothing to change it up a little and get one that will burn the calories as well!
I LOVE salad and these tips just make it even better for me! Thanks for sharing!
I know, right? Salad is so good when it is made correctly. Pouring too much dressing on it makes it a bad salad, but there are things that you can substitute for dressing that do not add so many calories.
NO kidding, right? I like to put apples on mine in the summer, it just adds the right kind of zing to my salad!
making a good, healthy and satisfying salad has never been easier. Thanks for posting this mini-guide. I love salad and I always want to have one, but they can sometimes get harder to switch up so you are not always eating the same things.
It’s funny how I tried eating salad for a month and didn’t lose weight! It makess no sense!!!!!! I’m so sick of trying to eat lettuce and never losing weight. This article had a few good suggestions, though!
I think that it might have come down to the size of the salad and how much dressing you use. So many people think that because they are eating a green salad that they can just put as much dressing on it as they want. That is not going to work.