How can you be sure that you and your partner are a good match?
Being compatible is an extremely important part of any healthy long-term relationship that will be fulfilling for both of you. Compatibility doesn’t necessarily mean you have to like the same things but finding out your common interests is definitely a plus for most relationships and will help you connect.
Opposites can attract, and sometimes the small peculiarities about a person can come off as a plus instead of a negative. You just want to agree on the major things like morals and ethics, and views of the world.
Disagreeing on core values can play a major role in the decline of a long-term relationship, especially if you find out how a person feels about a subject matter that is important to you and who they truly are over a period of time.
First impressions are just that; you have an idea of who they are when you first meet them and you can assume they’re one way only to realize they are completely different. You will see that most of the time a person is much different inside compared to what they display to everyone externally. This isn’t a bad thing but the fact is compatibility cannot be determined at the very beginning because you simply don’t know who the person really is.
Take The Quiz: Is He Losing Interest?
If things haven’t been feeling right or the same maybe it’s time to take a deeper look at your relationship.
Use some of these questions to ask your partner and be sure to be totally open to their response, and not have any prejudgments. Don’t pressure anyone to answer, and on the other hand don’t get overly defensive or shut down when the conversation gets too much.
Being honest is absolutely key. Without honesty between two people there can be no relationship. If you don’t know who someone honestly is how can you honestly like them, let alone be compatible?
After asking these questions you should have a much better idea to see if you guys are a good fit!
1. What would you consider to be cheating?
2. What to you would be the biggest “deal-breaker” in a relationship?
3. What would be your ideal location for a honeymoon?
4. Would you rather go skydiving or bungee jumping?
5. Would you risk your own happiness for your own personal success?
6. Would you risk everything for the success of a relationship with someone you love?
7. If I broke your heart would you be able to forgive me if I had honest remorse?
8. What’s the length of time you’d take before dating again if we broke up?
MORE: This or That Questions
9. Have you ever had your heart broken before?
10. Would you ever be ok with supporting me in a time of need or being supported yourself?
11. What do you view as your specific role in a relationship?
12. What would you see as the most important part of our relationship?
13. What is the most romantic experience you have ever had?
14. How did I come off to you when we first met?
15. Have you ever been flirtatious with someone when you were out alone?
16. If you had to move away for a high paying job would you do it?
17. Who is your favorite friend of mine and why?
18. How many secrets do you have that I know?
19. Do you have any secrets you are keeping away from me?
20. What’s the worst break up you have ever had?
21. Would you ever steal to support your family?
22. If I gave you something special would you return it to me after we broke up?
23. What is your favorite quality about my personality?
24. What is your favorite quality about my appearance?
25. Is there anything I wear that you hate?
26. What would you consider to be the perfect person to be in a relationship with?
27. Have you ever told me a “noble lie”? (a lie told in order to save someone unnecessary pain)
28. What’s the worst trait someone can possibly have?
29. What’s the sexiest thing someone can do?
30. Would you prefer to date someone handsome with a horrible personality or someone unattractive with a heart of gold?
31. What’s the cringiest thing a couple can do in public?
32. What’s the most annoying thing you’ve seen a couple do?
33. How many people have you been with?
34. If I cheated on you would you ever get back with me?
35. What is the biggest turn off in the world to you?
36. Have you ever had any intense sexual fantasies you have never told anyone about?
37. Would you rather have someone that worked all day who you never got to see, but made a lot of money, or someone who worked less and was around more?
38. Do you find chemistry in the bed or chemistry out of the bed more important?
39. What’s the most pain you have ever been in?
40. What is the saddest you have ever been?
41. What is the most serious accident you’ve ever been in?
42. Would you ever hurt someone to protect me?
43. Would you ever uproot your life and move somewhere totally new for someone you loved?
44. What’s the biggest lie you have ever told?
45. What’s the angriest you have ever been with me?
46. What is your fondest memory of growing up?
47. What is one thing your parents taught you about raising a child?
48. Do you think you would be a great parent?
49. What would you do if you had triplets?
50. Have you ever been really angry with me but not said anything?
51. What’s the worst decision you’ve seen me make?
52. Have you ever given in to me about something you honestly didn’t like?
53. What’s the best way in your opinion to relieve stress in a relationship?
54. Do you think telling someone all of your lies and secrets could make a relationship stronger?
55. Do you think past relationships should be hidden or openly talked about?
Some of these answers may take a little time to answer, but be patient and your partner is bound to open up. Don’t be judgmental or scrutinizing and do your best to learn about your significant other by the way they answer the question.
As with any questions your asking, relax and have fun, you don’t want them to feel like they are taking part in an inquisition!
There are 2 big turning points every woman experiences in her relationships with men and they determine if you end up in a happy relationship or if it all ends in heartbreak.
So pay attention because the next step to take is vitally important. At some point he’s going to ask himself if you are the woman he wants to commit himself to for the long term…
Do you know how men determine if a woman is girlfriend material (the type of woman he commits himself to) or if he sees you as just a fling? If not, you need to read this next: The #1 Thing Men Desire In A Woman…
And the second big problem many women face: Do you feel he might be losing interest, going cold emotionally or pulling away? If so, then you need to read this right now or risk losing him forever: If He’s Pulling Away, Do This…
Want to find out if he’s really losing interest? Click here to take our quick (and shockingly accurate) “Is He Losing Interest” Quiz right now and find out if he’s really losing interest in you…