I personally know of a few people whose diets were stopped by chicken breasts because they taste so boring.
No. Don’t laugh. It’s true.
Plus, all that protein helps keep you fuller for longer – so you don’t snack on unhealthy foods.
Unfortunately, lots of people suffer under the mistaken belief that chicken breasts are boring. That they’re flavorless. That they’re dry, and chewy, and awful, and why oh why is this even food.
And they’re dead wrong.
Those people are dead wrong! When chicken breasts are done right, they’re succulent, moist, tender, aromatic, and flat out delicious(2). I love eating chicken breasts.
So today, right now, I’m going to show you the simplest possible way to have delicious, amazing tasting, protein packed, chicken breasts. It only takes a few steps. Ready?
This Is Seriously The Easiest Method, You Guys
ok , so the reason why skinless chicken breasts have a bad reputation as tough, tasteless, and dry, is because there’s so little fat in them(3).
That’s why this method is so good.
What we’re going to do is use the steady, omni-directional heat of an oven because it’s so easy, but to stop the chicken from drying out, we’re going to put a sheet of parchment paper on top.
The paper basically acts like the chicken breasts’ missing skin – it stops it from getting dry and tasteless. This is like a hybrid of roasting and braising a chicken – since the chicken is going to cook in its own juices it’s going to come out flavorful, moist, and delicious.
God, It’s So Easy
This is literally a foolproof method – just follow these steps and you will never once wind up with inedible tasteless chicken breasts.
You can cook them as you eat them if you want, but the easiest way is to do a bunch at once so that you have leftovers to eat during the week.
For seasoning, simple salt and pepper is something I’ve found to work amazing , but you can season to your heart’s delight with any seasoning you desire.
Boneless skinless chicken breast (one or more)
Pepper and salt
Olive oil or butter
Any other seasoning or spices you want to use
How To Cook Chicken Breasts In The Oven
- First, get your oven preheated to 400 degrees. Put the rack in the middle position.
- Get your pan ready. That means rubbing the whole pan (and one side of the paper) with butter or olive oil.
- Get your chicken ready. That means patting it dry and then rubbing some butter or olive oil on it. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top to season it, along with other seasonings you want to use.
- Put the chicken in the baking dish. Space the breasts apart so they can cook evenly. For bonus style points, tuck lemons or herbs around them to add flavor.
- Next, put the parchment butter side down on top of the chicken. Tuck the edges into the dish and press it down – you want this to mimic skin, so it’s got to be flat over the chicken.
- Put that dish in the oven and bake it for 30 to 40 minutes. The chicken has to be totally opaque all the way through and if you’ve got a thermometer it should read 165 degrees on the inside.
Next, all you gotta do is eat some delicious chicken! Enjoy!