“How can I make my man jealous?” is a question many women wonder about. Making a man jealous isn’t super complicated… but it can actually backfire if you don’t know how to do it right.
In fact, it could cause so much damage that it’ll end your entire relationship or kill your shot of having a relationship with him because it will come off the wrong way and it’ll be obvious that you were intentionally trying to play a mind game with him.
I’m not saying you are playing a mind game with him, but this is how he will perceive it if you go about this the wrong way. That’s why it’s important to remember: use these methods with extreme caution and be warned…
He might end up becoming extremely possessive, calling you too many times and even demanding to know who you’re talking to and who certain guys are in your life.
He might even start demanding your passwords to all your accounts and social media and feel entitled to behave this way. So don’t say I didn’t warn you that extreme jealousy can be a lot like playing with fire.
Now, I do know how to make a man jealous. And yes, it’s not all that complicated, and yes, I’m going to explain exactly how to do it, don’t worry. However, it’s not the way I would choose to attract a man’s attention and love.
There are much better ways to attract a man and make him chase you than making him jealous. You can find out how to attract him here or how to make him chase you here.
However, with that said, because it is a question do many women ask and want to know I’m going to give you the most powerful ways to make a man jealous.
Take This Quiz And Find Out Right Now: Is He Slipping Away
Click here to take our quick (and shockingly accurate) “Is He Slipping Away” Quiz right now and find out if the man you want is really slipping away from you…
Some men are more prone to jealousy than others, though, which means that you have to look at your specific situation and only apply the techniques if you feel it will be effective rather than a trainwreck.
First let’s talk about what to do if you’re currently in a relationship.
How To Make Him Jealous If You’re In a Relationship With Him
The Make Him Jealous Steps
- Make more of an effort to look good than usual (put in a lot of effort in your hair, what you wear, how you apply your makeup, etc.)
- Talk to “guy friends” and if he asks who the guys you are talking to are, say “they’re just friends!” (Note: make sure they are actually friends don’t go behind his back and cheat on him, I am not advocating cheating!!!)
- Be busy (whether it is going out with your friends more and occupy your time with things other than wanting to spend time with him, joining some new activity or taking up some new hobby)
- Be extremely “awesome” when around his guy friends (Don’t do this in an obvious flirtatious way but rather a very “normal,” natural way… so that you are “technically” not doing anything wrong but are in reality knowingly acting a certain way to make his friends see you as amazing. If he sees his friends react to you positively or even make a positive comment about you this will then end up making him feel possessive and jealous.
- Be Extremely Friendly and Fun (being extremely friendly, happy, smiling and just enjoying life is a surefire way to attract attention toward you in an organic rather than forced way; this kind of attention you receive will make him feel jealous and possessive because he wants to have you all to himself)
- Be Vague (for example, if he asks how your night was, say it was good! Don’t go into detail. Let his imagination wander and come up with whatever story it wants to. This is more effective than you filling in details).
more: The Exact Reasons Men Lose Interest And How To Fix It
Some “Out There” Ideas
These ideas are more “out there” and risky but I will include them in case. Just remember… use extreme caution.
- Post sexy pictures of yourself on social media (not too often, though, or it looks obvious)
- Send Yourself A Gift or Flowers from “anonymous” and act like you don’t know who it’s from
- Openly flirt with other men in front of him in an innocent way but just enough so that the guy is clearly attracted to you (only do this in front of him, not behind his back!) This could ignite a primal urge within him to say, “hey! She is mine. Back off.) Be careful with this one; either it will work amazingly well and make him feel a good kind of jealousy or become a trainwreck of accusations and fighting).
more: The Definitive Friends With Benefits Rules
General Tips To Make A Guy Jealous If You’re Not In A Relationship
If you are not in a relationship, this is trickier because if he doesn’t have any interest in you in “that way,” it won’t be possible to make him jealous.
So realize this is only going to work if he is already interested in you in some way. If he is not, you will literally be unable to make him feel even one ounce of jealousy.
- Flirt with a lot of guys in a carefree, casual, fun way (not a desperate, over the top way)
- Have a friend of yours openly mention how many men are interested in you (the risk here is sounding like it’s being done on purpose, but you at least minimize this risk if it is a friend bringing it up; meanwhile, you will be like “omg stop it, that’s not true!” which makes you seem like you have nothing to prove, thereby making him actually jealous)
- Keep your options open (date other men; don’t go out of your way to talk to him about it, simply do it).
- Be Unavailable Yet Available (give him glimpses of your amazing self in short time increments; do not be too available, make sure to never accept a plan last minute and when you are available show him your absolute best self so he longs for more). Being totally unavailable is a bad idea because you will give him nothing to long for, which is why the tease of being available sometimes and then not having time for him is the best method).
more: When A Guy Is Jealous…
- Be Amused And Indifferent To Other Women: never react negatively if he ever mentions finding a woman hot or women who are attracted to him (not reacting is going to be very intriguing to him because most women would react)
- Be Extremely Fun (for example, you can playfully mention how you are sometimes attracted to women, you can be spontaneous and laugh a lot, enjoy life and be energetic and full of life)
- Don’t Contact Him First Often (yes, you can contact him sometimes but try not to be the first one to do it… if he does it this is a much better situation… and you can sometimes reply right away but then wait at least 20 minutes to reply… I repeat… at least 20 minutes…)
- Be Extremely Sweet Yet Unavailable (this is important because a lot of women mistake being bitchy as the secret recipe to make a man jealous because it comes off as aloof and indifferent… nope, the reality is being extremely bitchy makes him less likely to be jealous. Being mean makes him happy he is not more serious with you. I am sorry to have to be so blunt but it is the truth. He will be jealous if you are sincerely sweet and have no air of fake viciousness about you. So many women have the false belief that “men love bitches,” which is literally a complete lie. So it is not your fault if you feel that being mean is the way to rile him up… nope. Being sweet but only being available in small increments will make him extremely jealous. Why? Because he will think to himself, “damn… so many guys would want to be with her…”
- Always Look As Good As Possible If You Know You Are Going To See Him (and even if you are not going to see him; really focus on your appearance so you feel your best).
- Date, sleep with or flirt with his friends or relatives (especially if you know of some guy who he specifically feels competitive with or would be jealous of). This is a crazier idea, though, and is to be used with extreme caution. And only do it if you find the man attractive and it feels good to you; don’t just do it if you are going to feel ashamed and bad about yourself.
more: 5 Things That Make A Guy Jealous
How To Make Your Ex Jealous
How do you make your ex jealous? You can use the above tips that apply but I want to give you a few specific pointers to make sure you know what to do if you really want to drive him nuts.
- Do not contact him at all or show you care (this will confuse him because if you go out of your way to contact him he will feel like he has you obsessed whereas if you don’t he will feel like he’s lost you)
- Date someone new (dating someone new is obviously going to make him jealous and feel you moved on; if he has any feelings for you this will make him come running back
- Date someone he knows of (who you know he will find out you are dating but do not make it too obvious because this comes off as very desperate)
There you go… I have given you many ways to make a man jealous.
more: 5 Tricks To Make A Man Jealous
Making a man jealous might give you some short term satisfaction but will not lead to long-term success unless you also shift your mindset to looking for a truly compatible match rather than someone you feel the need to “make jealous.”
Making a man jealous is not going to necessarily lead to having the success you want in relationships… I understand what your motivation is behind wanting to do this. There are many different motivations and none of them are “bad” or “wrong.” The truth is, the best thing you can do in general, in life and in love, is to let things happen naturally.
Trying to force jealousy to rile a man up is an artificial way of approaching a relationship and could honestly backfire in ways you cannot even imagine.
Making a man jealous can end up in a total train wreck of a situation. And I mean a total fiasco debacle of the century where you end up bringing out his worst side, making him act out of control, become unbearably possessive and accusatory.
You might want to take a step back and really think about finding a compatible match, someone you organically click with… a man who you just have fun with and do not need to “do things” in order to make him interested in you…
If you find someone who you effortlessly connect with and you are compatible with, this will set the foundation for a truly happy and healthy relationship.
I hope this article helped you learn the best ways to make a guy jealous (even though I don’t think that’s the best way to keep him interested). I get asked about this a lot, and usually it’s because she feels like her man is pulling away and losing interest in her, and she’s desperately trying anything she can to pull him back. The bad news is that once a guy really is pulling away from you there’s a very short window to stop him or he’ll be gone forever. The good news is that if you want to stop him from losing interest then you need to read this right now or miss your chance: If He’s Pulling Away, Do This…
Want to find out he’s slipping away from you Click here to take our quick (and shockingly accurate) “Is He Slipping Away” Quiz right now and find out if the man you want is really slipping away from you…
Take The Quiz: Is He Slipping Away
- Make more of an effort to look good than usual
- Talk to your “guy friends”
- Be busy and have a full schedule
- Be extremely “awesome” when around his guy friends
- Be really friendly and fun
- Be vague with him
- Flirt with lots of guys in a carefree casual way
- Keep your options open
- Be unavailable sometimes but still available when you want to be
- Don’t contact him first too often
- Always look your best around him
lol, i’ll give it a try but i’d also not push or force things, this is great!!
Or just be a stand up Lady. If you have to play these games moooove on.
Well my ex which we’d been talking for a few months now finally did me the last one. Yes I am guilty to make her jealous too, with other girls I’d actually hooked up but have in mind that I hve been trying all this time to get us to hang out, we only did it once and she withheld a lot, I also acted a bit insecure and impatient many times and I know that didn’t help me anyway since she started contacting me again I try to make plans until I eventually get tired of asking, she nave has time or doesn’t take the opportunity to hang out with me when I extend the invitation so obviously since she doesn’t wanna see me I go and meet other women and post some stuff online to make her jealous, usually she starts contacting me more when I do that. I finally decided to stop doing that because if she really wants to see she will without me having to manipulate her. I started backing off then she started going crazy on social media, she finally posted some stuff where she hinted she was willing to meet some guy off a dating app for coffee but that he then changed his mind and wanted to invite her to his place and that she wasn’t down for that, 100% she purposely did that for me to see and it backfired because now I sincerely don’t want anything to do with her anymore, because all I’ve done is try to make things work with her, she hasn’t taken advantage of the chances I’ve given her and now with this last thing she basically made me think she’s moving on therefor if that’s the real case good for her I wish her the best and if not then she messed up for the last time.
Thank you very much Sam…Yes indeed respect is my number 1.
And the funny thing is ANY respectable guy will see this rather quickly and know that your litterally spending your life trying to play him. If a guy did ANY of these childish things to ANY of you girls it would be the end of your world.
lol well my hookup buddy was dating this 1 girl so to make him jelous i got with his brother n told him about it i mean at first i was desprate n needy but now i play hard to get n he chases after me i reply to his texts once a week it actually works
“The Make Him Jealous Steps” and “Some Out There Ideas” are so so real. The love of my life and I just had a fight last night due to jealousy. She does almost every thing on the lists (except posting sexy pics and sending herself flowers). She does one more thing: tired and yawning in front of me while we’re together but telling me she had such a blast with her friends. I’m very confident that she doesn’t do all those intentionally – that’s just who she is. But my jealousy just exploded last night when she showed her care to my buddy in front of me and my buddy’s partner. We had a few emotional exchanges, kept on referring to my insecurity, and she even called me an “emotional blackmailer”. We’re now in a “let’s give each other some space” stage but I’m still very restless and unsettled (and honestly feeling very ill-treated being called an emotional blackmailer). Any advice?
wow, i love these tips! i will be making use of some of these in the future. will also share this to my friends! lol
you can always do these tricks and make him jealous but definitely be careful not to do it every so often. he might think of you as a player or someone not so serious to be in a relationship with him
i don’t text him first and when he does, i let him wait for a reply. he usually thinks im busy texting others and not him. lol
oh i do these! especially when i’m mad that he doesn’t give me much attention..i go out and make vague comments and answers to his particular questions. it drives him real crazy! lol
i have done some of these tricks but my boyfriend now doesn’t get jealous too easily. so i’m gonna try some of the new ones.
Making a man jealous might give you some short term satisfaction but will not lead to long-term success unless you also shift your mindset to looking for a truly compatible match rather than someone you feel the need to “make jealous.” – greatest thing you pointed out on this article.
i have tried making my man jealous but didn’t work before. i think i might just got the best solution with your tips. i can’t wait to try these. lol
i once tried posting a sexy picture of me on social media and he reacted especially on the comments men gave me. it was really effective. i will try some of the tips you’ve mentioned here.
i once tried to make him jealous and i felt it didn’t work at all. im gonna try to do it again this time ill be more convincing. lol
i agree with this article, trying to make your man jealous is funny & cute but it will also possibly ruin your relationship…
these are so funny to read but so real too! i have used some of these tricks and will try out some new ones. lol
i have always done this trick of making him jealous from time to time and they work! sometimes, you just gotta do it so you can get his attention. lol
i can’t wait to try some of these! i have been dealing w/ a man who isn’t as jealous but im willing to give it a shot. :)
i could already imagine his face when i try these jealousy tricks on him. makes me laugh now that i’m just thinking about it. haha! :D
i believe at one point in their lives, all women have tried making their men jealous. it’s funny but we do these stuff and it works most of the time. lol (:
i have done most of the tricks here and they usually work for me. you gotta try them and see for yourself. ;)
was kinda laughing while reading this article. i would go..gulity! guilty! and guilty again! lol (:
i like these ideas and will be trying these out soon w/ my boyfriend! can’t wait!! lol :)
these are nothing new to women, i beleive. i just hope that men don’t get to read this stuff. lol :))
reading this article gave a good laugh! :)
i have used most of these jealousy tricks and will try those i haven’t yet! :))
i used to do these things w/ my boyfriend and they worked most of the time.
do this is moderation for men can also tend to lose patience
G-U-I-L-T-Y!!! haha (:
i have done most of these to make him jealous and to make things more excited. but don’t overdo it that you might push him away.
reading this alone is so much fun..ill definitely try some of these w/ my boyfriend! lol
i totally agree w/ this! (:
just be careful..this should be done with real thinking and knowing how he reacts to things. some men are also sensitive, you might push him away
indeed the right things to do to make him just as jealous! some of these i’ve tried and worked already (:
these are all true and they actually work! i think i may have used most of these tricks. lol
haha, i see my self doing most of these things to make him jealous (:
these are cute and funny ways to make a man jealous. would love to try some of them.