There is something about getting a text before you go to sleep at night can put a smile on your face and make you feel warm, happy and perfect inside.
I personally love getting goodnight texts.
There. I said it. It’s all out in the open now.
At the same time, as much as I love getting them, I also love sending them.
That’s because when I have someone special in my heart, I like to let him know I’m thinking about him (and get him thinking about me) right before I go to bed.
Take The Quiz: Are You Meant To Be Together?
Now, I’m not going to lie to you – my goodnight text game is on point . I’ve had a lot of practice. And when it comes to the real do’s and don’ts of texting – I know what I’m talking about.
And I’m going to let you in on my treasure trove of proven goodnight texts. I’ve split them up into 2 sections, so you know which to send to a guy you’re in a relationship with, or a guy you’re HOPING to be in a relationship with.
(And if he doesn’t text back, here’s why).
Plus, I’ll give you my favorite ones that work for either situation.
Before we start – some of these are going to be super candy sweet, some are going to be romantic, some sarcastic, and some coy. There’s a mix in here, so you can find the perfect one that fits you like a glove and send it to the man you’re thinking of (1).
And if you’re in a long distance relationship? These help keep you close to each other.
You ready? It’s time to find the perfect goodnight text to send to that special someone.
Watch The Video: The Best Cute Good Night Texts (And Why They Melt His Heart So Well)
Perfect Goodnight Texts For Couples
You’re already in a relationship with him – maybe you even see a long term future with him – and you want to send him the perfect goodnight message before you both drift off to blissful sleep (2).
Whether you want to be bold, fun, loving, or just plain cute, these are the perfect texts to send him to remind him how you feel about him and leave him feeling loved as he falls asleep (and inspire him to send you a similar message so you can feel amazing too).
Amazing Romantic Goodnight Texts
- I couldn’t fall asleep unless I told you how much I miss you – love you and goodnight!
- You are the sweetest thing, and I love you.
- Today has been a non-stop, hectic, crazy day, and I wish I had gotten time to see you… so I’m thinking about you before I fall asleep. Goodnight, sleep tight!
- I’ve got you and only you in my heart <3 sweet dreams...
- I wish we didn’t have to sleep apart, so I’ll be seeing you in my dreams my love…
- Every day you give me more reasons to fall in love with you – I’m thinking of ways to make you fall more and more in love with me as I fall asleep, dreaming of you…
- I don’t know what I’d do without you – you mean everything to me.
- I tried counting the reasons I love you – but there were too many and now I’m falling asleep thinking of you.
- Goodnight, man of my dreams, I’ll see you there…
- I love, love, love you.
Perfect Goodnight Texts For Soon To Be Couples
Now let’s say you know exactly who you want to fall asleep curled up against, but you’re not quite an official couple yet. This is the list for you.
It doesn’t matter whether he’s a friend, coworker, classmate, or a dreamy guy you met – these texts are sure to melt his heart (3).
Now listen – I know at first glance some of these texts are going to seem a little forward or bold… but sometimes that’s exactly what you need to seize the opportunity in your love life.
Some of these are only going to work if you’ve spent some time with him, so think honestly about what your relationship with him is like before choosing which one to send.
Whatever your status with him is – these are going to work. You can put their subtlety to work for you and get him thinking about the fact that you’re thinking about him – and also thinking about what being with you as a couple would be like.
- I’m going to have dreams about you tonight…
- Are you going to think about me before you fall asleep tonight? I hope so…
Spending today with you was absolutely perfect.
- I wish you were here next to me as I fall asleep, and when I wake up in the morning…
- Missing you as I drift off to sleep…
- Will I be in your dreams? What will we be doing together, I wonder…
- It’s cold here, I wish we could be together to warm up…
- I hope I’ll be in your dreams tonight ;)
super secret 3rd section: Texts That Work For Couples and Couples To Be
Boom. That’s right. There’s a secret 3rd section here.
You can use these texts whether you’re dating him or not – they work either way.
- You’re the first thing on my mind when I wake up and the last thing when I fall asleep.
- I can’t sleep… can you? If you can’t, let’s can’t sleep together.
- Your handsome face is in my head before I fall asleep… again…
- I wish this pillow I’m curled up against was you…
- I can keep myself busy during the day… but at night I can’t stop thinking of you…
- I want to fall asleep faster so that we can be together sooner.