Life is Hard.
It’s full of trials, troubles, and bad boyfriends, disasters, diseases, even death.
Sometimes it can seem like life is waiting around every corner to pull the rug out from under you and turn your world upside down, to break your heart and test your strength.
And in those tough times, when you’re not sure what’s right and what’s wrong and what the right thing to do is… when you have no clue how you’re going to actually wake up the next morning and face what’s ahead of you, it can honestly feel impossible to know the right course of action.
Should you keep on your current path, hoping that all the sacrifice pays off and you get where you want to go?
Or is it time to let go, move on, and stop trying so hard to make something work that’s clearly not working?
Here are 6 ways to spot an unhealthy relationship.
Life is all about the balance between staying the course and deciding to move on. It can be scarily hard to know in your gut that a choice is right in any given situation life throws your way.
Take The Quiz: Should You Break up With Him?
So with that in mind, here are 20 signs that what you’re doing isn’t working, and it’s time to let go and move on with your life:
Signs It’s Time To Move On And Let Go
- When you’re praying that something changes in your situation and takes you away from the thing that’s causing you pain.
- When you feel held back from becoming the person you want to be by something or someone in your environment.
- When you feel bored or resentful more than you feel plugged in and motivated.
- When even after you try so hard to fix it, a negative pattern keeps repeating itself.
- When your joy for life has disappeared and your passion has vanished.
- When you decide to stay because you’re hoping and wishing that things are going to improve.
- When you decide to stay and hold on because you’re afraid of not knowing what comes next.
- When you spend more time crying than you do loving.
- When every part of you feels exhausted, from your emotional self to your spiritual self to your physical body.
- When you feel more pain than joy throughout the course of each day.
- When you realize that you can have a better life than you have now if you let go of the things holding you back.
- When you’ve changed the things you believe at your core in order to try to better fit in with someone or somewhere.
- When life is no longer fun to experience.
- When you feel like you’re not being heard, and that you’re all alone without hope.
- When you’re worried that things will all go downhill from here.
- When you pretend to be smiling to hide the pain you’re feeling.
- When you live in your memories rather than living in the present.
- When you realize you’ve forgotten who you really are and have stopped being true to yourself.
- When you realize that you’re meant to let something go, but you’re still holding on.
- When you think about being free from your current situation and feel relief and happiness.
8 Reasons why it’s crucial to let go of toxic people in your life.
If you loved this article, then check out these other must-see related posts:
Want to find out for sure if you should break up with him? Click here to take our quick (and shockingly accurate) “Should You Break up With Him” Quiz right now and find out if you should really break up with him…