You’ve been checking out a certain guy and dropping subtle hints that you like him.
You think your hints are pretty obvious, yet they seem not to stick. Is he oblivious? Do you need to make your attempts at connecting with him more overt?
Are you wasting your time giving him all your attention?
Does he like you back?
If a guy doesn’t seem to like you back, there can be a number of reasons, personal to him, which only he knows. Chemistry between two people is based on a myriad of different factors, all of which may not even be conscious.
MORE: 10 Guaranteed Signs He Doesn’t Like You
Take The Quiz: Does He Like You?
Click here to take our quick (and shockingly accurate) “Does He Like You” Quiz right now and find out once and for all if he likes you…
You’ve invested a lot of your heart and thought into this guy before you’ve gone on a single date so what should you do? Just keep wondering if he likes you?
You may be wondering if you’d be better off moving on and putting your attention on someone who may give you some of that attention and admiration back.
Before you throw in the towel, you should understand that there are twenty different clues that will tell you – quite obviously – why he doesn’t like you back, or if he does like you and you’re just missing it.
1. You Try Too Hard to Win His Affection. When you are always fawning over a guy, it can be a put-off. Though you can be well intended, this tactic can backfire. He’ll take all your advances for granted, and think of you as a girl to put on his “just in case” list, instead of someone that is worthy of pursuing.
2. You’re Too Easily Available. If you are always around him, he never has the chance to miss you. Being available, but not constantly in his presence will make him notice the difference between time spent together and time spent apart. If he misses you when you aren’t around, he may notice his own feelings for you.
3. He Doesn’t Imagine that You’d Be Compatible. If you seem too different from him, whether it’s in looks, temperament, age, socio-economic status, physical fitness, etc. then he may not think that you are dating material.
MORE: The Top 10 Signs A Guy Isn’t Interested In You Anymore
4. Your Temperaments Don’t Match. You’re fiery and passionate, and he’s calm and persevering. Even if a man thinks you’re attractive physically, he may not be interested in you if he can’t imagine relating to your personality and emotional temperature.
5. You’re Just Not His Type. Men have very specific ideas about what they are attracted to in a woman. Some guys go for blondes with an athletic physique, other guys want a sultry brunette with curve appeal. He may also be attracted to a woman who is fun and flirtatious, and other times he’ll be drawn to the high powered intellectual. Don’t’ bend over backwards trying to be the woman of his dreams. You either fit the bill or you don’t, and the man that thinks you are his ideal will be just around the corner, even if this one isn’t it.
6. He’s Put You in the Friend Zone. He may find you attractive, funny, and endearing, but he’s put you in the friend zone. That means he thinks of you like a sister or an aunt, not dating material.
7. He Doesn’t Want to Ruin the Friendship You Have. If he has put you in the friend zone he may not want to jeopardize that relationship. We’ve known men to hide their desires to take something to the next level for years with the fear that it would put a great friendship to rest.
8. He’s Into Someone Else. Sometimes a guy has singular vision. Even if you are gorgeous, smart, and highly available, if he’s already set his sights on another woman then he likely won’t see you.
MORE: Why Doesn’t He Like Me?! Exact Reasons Why He Doesn’t Like You Back…
9. He Isn’t Attracted to You Sexually. This one falls into the same category as “he’s just not into you.” Rarely will a man shift his idea about what is sexually appealing. This is a purely subjective thing, so don’t take it personally if he doesn’t find you attractive.
10. He’s gay. No matter how wonderful you think he is, if he’s gay, then it won’t matter how hard you try to win his affection. Perhaps switch your focus on becoming his best friend instead. Gay men are notoriously wonderful “girl” friends.
11. He Has an Unusually High Opinion of Himself. Some men have an ego that just won’t quit. Women can fall prey to this kind of narcissism, too, but if he thinks he’s too good for anyone but an Ivy League educated super model, then mere mortals don’t stand a chance. Let him seek the perfect, unattainable goddess elsewhere, and move on.
12. You Have Different Roots. When your backgrounds are too disparate, he may feel like he can’t relate to you. If he’s from an inner-city ghetto and you’re an uptown princess, he may have a hard time relating to you, even if he is attracted to you.
13. You Don’t Share the Same Religion. Religion can figure largely into a man’s idealized woman. In many cases, he will only seek someone who goes to the same church, synagogue or Mosque as he does, and will rule out anyone who doesn’t share the same views about God or spirituality.
MORE: Ask a Guy: Signs He Does Not Like You
14. He’s Taking a Time Out from Relationships. He may have just gone through a painful break-up. His will to put himself out there in the dating world may temporarily be shut down. If this is the case, give it time, and maybe try again once he has had time to heal.
15. He’s Clueless that You Like Him Back. He may harbor feelings for you, but be completely clueless that you like him. Sometimes a man won’t make the first move unless he thinks he’ll be successful in trying.
16. There’s Too Much of an Age Difference. If you’ve fallen in love with your 45-year-old professor, and you’re only 17, then there are some obvious love-cues that will get scrambled. While the Lolita thing is hot for some men, human beings typically tend to fall for people who are close to them in age.
17. He Has Other Priorities. Sometimes a man is too wrapped up in his job, taking care of ailing parent or other responsibilities to take dating very seriously. If this is the case, your advances may be snuffed or simply ignored. Not because you aren’t wonderful, but simply because he has his eye on a different kind of prize or he’s consumed with whatever else is on his plate.
18. He Thinks You’re Too Pretty for Him. Sometimes men won’t even attempt to date a woman he feels is out of his reach. He may even fantasize about being with you, but if you are generally perceived as much more attractive than him by all of your peers, he may be too afraid to reach out and try to start a romantic relationship with you.
MORE: If He Likes You, But He’s Not Asking You Out
19. He’s Afraid to Ask You Out. Introverts and shy people are notorious for taking forever to act on their deepest desires. They may fear rejection so deeply, that they won’t even attempt to ask you out.
20. You Didn’t Connect. If you’ve been around him a few times and failed to connect, either because of the environment (a too-noisy bar, he was distracted by friends at a party, he was cramming for exams at the library) or because he was focused on other things, you may have just failed to capture his attention.
Now that you know why he may not like you back, you can assess the situation and decide if he’s still worth pursuing. Is he just not attracted to you? Does he feel that the two of you are just too different to really go the distance? Are you in the friend zone? Are you out of his league? Is he a narcissist looking for perfection? Once you’ve looked at these points honestly, you can determine if your love interest can be pursued, or if you need to gently, kindly let him go – and give yourself a break for not capturing this particular guy’s affection. There just might be another one who will think you are the best catch ever.
MORE: Why You’re Not Stupid For Liking Someone Who Doesn’t Like You Back
This article shows you all the best ways to tell if a guy likes you, now in any relationship I’ve found there are 2 pivotal moments that determine if your relationship ends in heartbreak or you get to live happily ever after so it’s vitally important that you take the next step and read this right now, because at some point the man you want is going to ask himself: Is this the woman I should commit to for the long term? That answer determines everything… Do you know how men determine if a woman is girlfriend material (the type of woman he commits himself to) or if he sees you as just a fling? If not you need to read this next: The #1 Thing Men Desire In A Woman…
The second problem almost all women experience: At some point he starts to lose interest. He doesn’t call you back or he becomes emotionally closed off. He seems like he’s losing interest or pulling away – do you know what to do? If not you’re putting your relationship and the future of your love life in great danger, read this now or risk losing him forever: If He’s Pulling Away, Do This…
Want to find out if he really likes you? Click here to take our quick (and shockingly accurate) “Does He Like You” Quiz right now and find out once and for all if he likes you…
Take The Quiz: Does He Like You?
1. You Try Too Hard to Win His Affection
2. You’re Too Easily Available
3. He Doesn’t Imagine that You’d Be Compatible
4. Your Temperaments Don’t Match
5. You’re Just Not His Type
6. He’s Put You in the Friend Zone
7. He Doesn’t Want to Ruin the Friendship You Have.
8. He’s Into Someone Else
9. He Isn’t Attracted to You Sexually
10. He’s gay
11. He Has an Unusually High Opinion of Himself
12. You Have Different Roots
13. You Don’t Share the Same Religion
14. He’s Taking a Time Out from Relationships
15. He’s Clueless that You Like Him Back
16. There’s Too Much of an Age Difference
17. He Has Other Priorities
18. He Thinks You’re Too Pretty for Him
19. He’s Afraid to Ask You Out
20. You Didn’t Connect
let us face it..things don’t always go how you want them to. the best thing to do is let go and move on. he is not the only man in the universe!
My sentiments exactly!!! Thank you for your comment!!!!
hmmm, the points here are all true but maybe the only reason why he is too afraid to fall for you is that he already has someone else in his life? dating is truly hard nowadays!
Not necessarily!! If he really wants you, nothing will stop him from getting you!!
do not try too hard that you seem to be so needy. men do not like women who are too available and would do the things that men are supposed to be doing. i think it’s enough that you leave him signs that you like him but do not give away everything. men like to be challenged.
there are really men who we aren’t compatible with and no matter what we do, we’ll never be. if you find yourself with this guy, don’t force things any longer. you will meet someone who will be one day.
it hurts that the special guy in my life is now avoiding me. but i realized it doesn’t matter anymore. i don’t see him as an integral part of my future and he is not worth my time.
there so many reasons he seems to not like you back. but the best thing to know is if you have an open conversation with him. do not let yourself fall for someone who doesn’t even intend to reciprocate that. better to know sooner than be sorry when you’ve fallen to hard.
most men would want attention but if you’re looking for someone who wants a steady and serious relationship, remember not to give too much attention looking like you’re too needy. they don’t like women who are too easily available, most of the time they want to be challenged too.
very good pointers! i will share this to my friend! she is into a guy who doesn’t seem to like her back no matter what she does. this post will definitely become a good help for her.
simple reasons but really hurtful for a woman who simply likes a guy..but if you’re not his type at all, then what can you do, right? Don’t even try to force things with him because it won’t work out in the end. That’s almost 100% for sure.
i like this guy so much! i always start a conversation with him, always say hello and not afraid to make plans with him but still, he hasn’t asked me out! i kept wondering what was wrong. this article helped answer my question. i guess i am just not his type.
So what, you are not his type!! There is a guy out there who likes your type. He won’t find you if you’re wasting time wondering why this other guy hasn’t asked you out yet !!
you’re right, there’s plenty of reasons why he wouldn’t want to get in a relationship with you. he may actually like you but is too afraid it will ruin your friendship. have a small talk and try to find out what he really feels and thinks about you two getting together.
let us all face it! dating these days has just gotten so hard! sometimes i am frightened to go out on a date because of rejection. one thing i think about when it comes to this topic is, if a guy likes you, he will do anything in his power to get you.
Dating has become harder these days because the guys want to be the girls. What I mean by that is that the guys want the girls to pick them up, pay for dates, and pursue them!!! LOL!! They are supposed to be the hunters!! Now, it seems that the guys want a role reversal to be petty over the girls they spent money on and the date(s) did not go their way!!!
it may be as simple as you’r not his type. this can happen all the time and you don’t have feel sorry about yourself at all. like we women do, men alao have their own preferences. move on and wait for the perfect guy for you. don’t push things with someone who do not like you, it still won’t work in the end.
some guys find it easier to say nothing at all instead of just being honest. this article is a good read. will definitely help girls like me who can’t figure out the real reason why some guys ghost women.
this guy hasn’t called me after our first date and i kept on wondering why. does that mean that he doesn’t like me at all? men are really complicated!
Stop wondering why!! He did you a favor!! Don’t believe in ghosts, believe in yourself!!!
thank you for these pointers. i really have to read this so i would know why this guy whom i like so much doesn’t seem to like me back.
i will keep these 21 reasons and clues in mind. i don’t want to waste my time with someone that doesn’t even like me at all. this post is a great help for us girls!
it really hurts when you like a guy but he is not into you…if only i can cast a spell just for him to like me back…
this article is worth reading. if the guy you like doesn’t like you back, the best option is to get over it and move on.
glad i found this post. i am happy to learn about the different factors why he wouldn’t like me and why i should stop wasting my time. thanks!
i really like this guy but it seems like he doesn’t notice me at all. one of his friends told me that he likes flirtatious girls and i am not that type. should i change just for him to like me back?
NO!!! You do not change for any man. Be yourself!!
i always use my mind and my instinct whenever this question comes up in my mind. if his eyes shine when he looks at me, then he is definitely into me. but if he is looking somewhere else then it is another story.
i don’t want to be on his “just in case” list so i should stop trying hard to win his affection. i wanted to be treated seriously so i better wait for the right guy for me.
i really like someone but he doesn’t feel the same way about me. at first, i was asking myself questions why and i thought of the best answer which is to “move on” and be done with it. what is important is we are friends.
this post made me realize the reason why the guy that i like doesn’t like me back..i guess i am too easily available. you are right, i will give him the chance to miss me. should distance myself from him a little bit.
religious compatibility really matters in a relationship. i know a lot of couples and from what i have observed, one key for a successful marriage is sharing the same religious beliefs.
i’ve been wondering why the guy that i like is not into me. well, maybe i am just really not his type. i am thankful that i came across this post. this made me realize that he is not worth pursuing.
Stop wasting your time on wondering why he is not into you. You focus on being the best woman you want to be.